Coronavirus – How to clean aluminium doors
It is quite natural for windows and security doors to be covered with dirt and persistent pollutants over time. Which are becoming increasingly difficult to clean due to weather, sun and humidity, especially during coronavirus period.
If we also take into account the impurities left by insects on the surfaces of the windows and doors, we understand that cleaning them is a difficult and demanding task. Coronavirus is also a big treat nowadays.
But it is also a must, especially if you have aluminium windows and doors, a very special feature of which is their striking appearance. The question, however, is what is the best and most correct way to clean aluminium security doors?
In this article, we’ve put together some simple tips to help you keep your aluminium windows in their best condition and disinfected by coronavirus.
How to clean aluminium security doors
Initially, it is important to make clear that the methods of cleaning vary with the age and finish of the frames. The most modern aluminium powder coated aluminium doors require less hard grit than older frames, which are more than 15 years old and do not have a corresponding finish.
But let’s take this in turn:
This paint technique gives the frame a much more durable finish that is not weathered by the weather and the power of the sun’s rays, retaining the original soft feel of aluminium.
The best way to clean such doors is extremely simple:
- Clean every 3 months
- Start from the top so you don’t get dirt on surfaces you’ve already cleaned
- Use warm soapy water and a soft cloth – if you have microfibre cloths even better!
- Do not use any cleaning or corrosive products as they damage the finish and invalidate the
- Remember to clean out areas that do not appear when the window is closed! Chronic dirt build-up
- in these areas can reduce the ability of the frame to retain moisture.
- After washing all surfaces, dry them with a clean cloth.
Other types of frames
If your windows are not covered with aluminium dust, cleaning them is a bit more difficult as the window is more exposed to the weather and the contaminants are exposed to tiny stretch marks on the surface, which are more difficult to remove.
However, it is important to clean them, as it is the only way to prevent yourself and your family from coronavirus.
The cleaning process is as follows:
- Use warm soapy water for initial cleaning on the large surfaces of the windows.
- You can use specialized commercial aluminium cleaners for areas where dirt is more persistent, but be sure to check their label first and test them first in a small area of the window that does not appear.
- Dry the surfaces well with a clean cloth (not what you originally used).
- If there are areas with polluting spots from the water and the weather, try to remove them using a soft scrub and warm water.
- If you notice a lot of corrosion and dirt that does not say come out, then the frames themselves probably need replacement, as the protection and insulation they offer you is no longer desirable.
When is the right time to replace your doors?
Installing new aluminium doors is not an expense, but an investment, as their better insulation and protection against humidity and outside temperatures save you a great deal of money each year, while cleaning and repairing them is easier and easier than ever.
Coronavirus: How to clean and disinfect surfaces at home to stay safe?
1. Wear disposable gloves when cleaning and disinfecting surfaces. The gloves must be discarded after each cleaning. If you are using multi-purpose gloves, they should only be used for cleaning and disinfecting surfaces in order to disinfect the coronavirus and not for other purposes. Consult the manufacturer’s instructions for the cleaning and disinfecting products you use. Clean hands immediately after removing gloves.
2. If the surfaces are dirty, they must be cleaned with detergent or soap and water before disinfection.
3. For disinfection, diluted household chlorine solutions, alcohol solutions with at least 70% alcohol content, and the most common household disinfectants are effective.
4. Diluted bleach may be used if it is suitable for the surface you want to clean. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for use and proper ventilation. Make sure the product has not expired.
5. Never mix bleach with ammonia or any other detergent. Household bleach is effective against coronaviruses only when diluted properly.
6. Prepare a solution of bleach by mixing 4 teaspoons of bleach per 1 litre of water.
7. Disinfectants certified to eliminate viral pathogens are effective against coronavirus because they have been proven to kill other viruses that are more difficult to kill. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for all cleaning and disinfecting products (e.g concentration, method of application, duration of contact, etc.).
8. For soft (porous) surfaces, such as carpeted flooring, carpets and curtains, first clean the visible dirt and then clean them with cleaners suitable for use on these surfaces. After cleaning:
9. Rinse the items according to the manufacturer’s instructions. If permitted by their manufacturer, put them in the washer in the correct water setting for the items, and then dry them completely.
10. Alternatively, use disinfectants against viral pathogens as long as they are suitable for porous surfaces.
Coronavirus – home protection: Hand hygiene and other preventive measures
All family members should wash their hands frequently with soap and water. Do not forget to do so immediately after removing the gloves and after any contact with a sick person. If your hands are not visibly dirty, you can use an alcoholic hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content.
Also, wash your hands whenever:
- blow your nose
- cough, or sneeze
- after using the toilet
- before you sit down to eat, before you start cooking
- after coming into contact with animals, such as pets in the house
- before and after caring for another person who needs help (e.g child)
Do not forget that you should always wash your hands when opening the door – πόρτες – and holding the door handle!
See more about security door:
- ΘΩΡΑΚΙΣΜΕΝΕΣ ΠΟΡΤΕΣ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΑΣ
- ΚΛΕΙΔΑΡΙΕΣ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΑΣ ΑΘΗΝΑ
- ΠΥΡΑΝΤΟΧΕΣ ΠΟΡΤΕΣ
- ΠΟΡΤΕΣ ΠΥΡΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΑΣ
- ΚΛΕΙΔΑΡΙΕΣ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΑΣ ΝΕΑΠΟΛΗ
- ΠΟΡΤΕΣ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΑΣ ΝΕΟ ΗΡΑΚΛΕΙΟ
- ΚΛΕΙΔΑΡΙΕΣ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΑΣ ΝΕΟ ΦΑΛΗΡΟ
- ΠΟΡΤΕΣ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΑΣ ΝΕΟ ΨΥΧΙΚΟ
- ΚΛΕΙΔΑΡΙΕΣ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΑΣ ΝΕΟΣ ΒΟΥΤΖΑΣ
- ΠΟΡΤΕΣ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΑΣ ΝΕΟΣ ΚΟΣΜΟΣ
- ΚΛΕΙΔΑΡΙΕΣ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΑΣ ΝΙΚΑΙΑ
- ΠΟΡΤΕΣ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΑΣ ΝΤΡΑΦΙ
- ΚΛΕΙΔΑΡΙΕΣ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΑΣ ΠΑΓΚΡΑΤΙ
- ΠΟΡΤΕΣ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΑΣ ΠΑΙΑΝΙΑ